Sunday, November 29, 2009

NoS!

AJ Says:

I've been on a bunch of different diets (Atkins, Weight Watchers, Sparkpeople - Calorie Counting), and have had moderate success, but I've never been able to keep through it during the long haul. I also have portion control issues. Recently, the doctor has warned me that if i don't get my weight down, i might get diabetes. Bad news bears, indeed. As a result of my prediabetic status, I am insulin resistant, meaning my body doesn't process sugar correctly, so it's more difficult to lose weight. So yea. It's pretty much an uphill battle on skates.

At the end of the day, I eat too much and don't exercise enough. So I've discovered this so-simple-its-stupid diet.

It's called the No S Diet.



There are just three rules and one exception:

•No Snacks
•No Sweets
•No Seconds
Except (sometimes) on days that start with 'S'

What
days start with 's'?
Saturday, Sunday and 'Special' days. Special days
include (your) national and (your) religious and (your) close family's and
friend's birthdays.

What do you mean by 'sometimes'?
I stuck the
word 'sometimes' in the exception to remind you not to be an idiot on S-days.
It's been my experience that the good habits you build on the non-S-days will
see you through the S-days without too much excess.

What do you mean by
'seconds?'
As I mentioned in a post to the No S diet group, by 'no seconds,'
I officially mean one physical plate, and I think for beginners especially it's
good to stick with this, even if it means a fairly overloaded plate. If the
amount of food on your one plate is a little bestial and disgusting, that's part
of the educational process.

What do you mean by 'sweets'?
I mean
something whose principal source of calories is sugar. Go ahead and put sugar in
your coffee or oatmeal; you have my blessing. Of course fruits are fine.

My only modification is that I'm going to do the visual plate method of 1/2 of the plate is veggies, 1/4 meat, and 1/4 starch. For foods that have combinations ie pasta dishes, no more than 1/3 of the plate will be fill. the rest veggies. for breakfast, i will supplement fruit and veggies and protein as maybe an egg and starch with grits, oatmeal, etc and keep it moving.

Well, the food part is good, but now what about exercise. Last November, I bought a freaking $249 Wii with fiftyleven fitness games, And I've discovered a new fun game. Racquetball. I bought some racquets, balls, and glasses.


So, this is what I'll be doing to actively lose weight.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your blog link on the nos website! Good luck :) I'm following you (sounds creepy LOL! but it's ok on blogger) and will check in periodically.n

    ReplyDelete